Skip to main content

Thai Grumman F8F-1 Bearcat - Hobby Boss 1/48


Hi there,


Here's my finish model of the Hobby Boss kit. I bought the kit back in Bangkok with a Siam Decal sheet (which BTW is really crap, decals being too thick, instructions with errors and printing issues).

I am not really proud of my build but I post some pics anyway.



img8417ic.jpgimg8390e.jpgimg8407o.jpg

img8420s.jpg



The build was pretty straightforward. I just changed a few things:

- The 3-pipes exhaust available in the box are only suitable for the -2 version, the F8F-1 got 5-pipes exhausts

- The shape of the armored plate behind the seat is wrong and was changed accordingly

- The sliding canopy is way too thick (was too lazy to change it...)

- The right wing leading edge was modified as some apertures are only present on the right wing,

- Engine compartment was detailed,

- I added air ducts from the gear bay to the engine compartment

Note that the tires are really simplistic, but I left them as they are.


cockpitassemnopaint.pngheadrestnopaint.pngpitcolored.png

wingsd.png


Thanks for reading.

Antoine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northrop F-5E Tiger II - Walkaround (Swiss Air Force)

Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 Walkaround

Walkaround of the Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 (J-355; Werk NummerlFactory Number 2422) exhibited at the Swiss Air Force Museum at Dubendorf Air Base near Zurich, Switzerland. My wife and I visited this museum and although I was more enthusiastic than her I think she appreciated it :) bf-109 antenna isolator Antenna isolator Antenna isolator 20MM FF-K Oe 37 (Flugzeugfliigel-Kanone Oerlikon 1937) Engine radiator flap Exhausts Right landing gear Left landing gear Wheel bay cover Pitot tube   Radiator flap indicator

D-3801 Morane Saulnier MS 406 Walkaround

After the Bf-109 , here is a short walkaround of the Adolph Saurer AG license-built D-3801 Morane Saulnier MS-406 also exposed at the Swiss Airforce museum at Dubendorf (Switzerland). One advice, if you go in Switzerland say D-3801, not M.S. 406 or you will have to handle a diplomatic issue  - n'est ce pas GĂ©rard :) Below are a few pictures of the cockpit taken through the windows ... And finally, some pictures of the engine, a Hispano Suiza HS-51 12Y