Monday, June 30, 2014

Yakovlev UT-1b (Mikro-Mir 1/48) - Part 4

Hi,

The cockpit is finally done. Not perfect though, but that will do.

I made a new Instrument Panel as the one in the box was a bit undersized. I used the drawing from the official manual to print my IP on plastic card. The shape of the new IP is not 100% accurate but at least it fits ok now.



I made the instruments with wire and decals. To make it faster, I made a coil out of wire and cut the [i]sausage[/i] in the middle to make plenty of little circles. Just have to choose the roundest ones.






Bezels were first glued with Tamiya extra-fluid cement, and later firmly stuck in place by inserting a toothpick impregnated with CA glue into the holes. The instruments were made from spare decals and sealed with Future + transparent acetate sheet.



The cockpit now finished:





You can notice that the rudder pedals are quite far from the seat. This is explained by Russian pilots having very long legs and wearing stilettos. Saw it too late and couldn't be bothered.


The painting of the headrest will be improved after closing the fuselage.






No comments:

Post a Comment